About The Project
We were approached by Stapro, a leading Czech healthcare systems provider to the Czech government, about the development of a new medical mobile application for use by doctors performing their rounds in hospitals around the Czech Republic. They came to us as they didn’t have the available the resource with the right skill set, and we’d developed a number of in-house systems for them in the past that they were clearly satisfied with.
The application needed to give doctors instant secure access to patients records.
We developed the solution as a responsive web application, which worked across device types, screen sizes and resolutions. We worked with an external design agency through the consortia, dealing with challenging redesigns throughout the duration of the project.
- Developed using .NET Framework MVC, connecting to a SQL Server database.
- The use-experience was achieved using JQuery and Bootstrap themes.
- It is written to emulate working with native apps in iOS and Android, yet it runs within their native browsers.
- It enables secure access and maintenance of patient data (daily records, laboratory, previous treatments).
- It allows the user to take photographs and voice recordings, and stored them against the patients records.
- It integrates to and communicates with the existing back end hospital information system.
- We hit the deadline despite the ongoing design changes. We know change happens so always plan for such an eventuality.
- Following the success of this project, another related project to create an Android App for medical scanning was awarded to us, which was also accepted with great gusto.