About The Project
Initially starting as a side-project by one of our directors after being frustrated with the number of unsolicited calls he was receiving. The project gained traction and he decided to bring it in-house to complete the development.
A telephone spam checking website and app, operating in Europe and targeting English, Czech and German speakers.
- The website and mobile apps backends are built in ASP.NET MVC and run off of a SQL Server database.
- The iOs and Android apps have been written in Xamarin and run off of a local SQL Lite database.
- It is hosted in Azure.
- 3 months for the initial website build. 2 months for the app.
- Ongoing improvements.
- The app can be used to automatically block nuisance callers, or alert the user to numbers other users have found to be problematic.
- The site is very mobile-friendly and responsive and is available to everyone.
- The web site is used in eight countries including Germany, UK, Austria, Switzerland and Poland.
- The apps are currently only available in the Czech Republic and Slovakia, but will be rolled out worldwide soon.